Insurance changes with Delta Dental effective 1-1-2020.
As a courtesy for our patients, we are happy to assist you in filing insurance claims and the necessary diagnostic paperwork for you. All claims and pre-treatment estimates are submitted electronically. It is the insured’s responsibility to provide correct filing information on or before their initial visit. Please be advised that we are only contracted with Aetna Dental and Guardian. We will be with Delta Dental for the remainder of 2019. This means that all other insurance carriers consider us “out of network”; however, we file to all carriers and receive payments from most. If you are concerned you may not have coverage for an out of network provider, please contact your insurance carrier to confirm you are eligible to be seen in our office.
Most dental insurance will not pay 100% of all charges, whether in or out of network, so we encourage you to be familiar with your insurance benefits. In some circumstances, you may not be eligible for any benefits payable to our practice, leaving you responsible for the entire fee charged.
With thousands of different insurance policies, it is hard to predict exactly what portion you will be responsible for. Before any treatment is performed, we submit a pre-treatment estimate to your carrier to get an approximation of what you would owe. Please know that this will only be an estimate from the insurance and not a guarantee of payment.
The maximum time allowed for an insurance claim to be paid is 60 days. After 60 days, the policy holder/patient is responsible for the entire balance. Our office will not accept responsibility for collecting your outstanding claims or for negotiating a settlement on a disputed claim.
To Our Valued Delta Dental Patients,
We are making some changes in our practice beginning January 1, 2020, and I wanted to keep you informed.
First, let me begin with what will not change….
- Our practice will still be able to see you and your family. We will continue to provide the highest standard of care for you and yours.
- Our practice will continue to accept your Delta Dental insurance and file claims on your behalf.
- We will still wait for payment from your Delta Dental plan, meaning we will not require you to prepay your dental insurance balance up front.
- When necessary, we will do everything we can to assist you in getting your claim paid from Delta Dental.
Here is what WILL change:
- We will no longer be accepting the Delta Dental fee schedule, effective January 1, 2020
**We believe their fee schedule is so far below the cost of realistic treatment, that we can no longer accept their reimbursement schedule**
- Delta Dental will now issue the payment directly to you vs. to our office.
**You may endorse the Delta Dental check and forward to our office OR you may pay at the time of your appointment then keep insurance check for your reimbursement**
Should you have any questions about this change, we would be happy to discuss it with you. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your family in the future.
All the Best,
Dr. Kurt Van Winkle and Business Team